Tolstoy Foundation Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a participating healthcare facility in Rockland County’s SHARPS Program.
This program is dedicated to ensuring that needles, syringes, and lancets used for self-medication are properly disposed of. This disposal service is not, however, for physician’s offices or healthcare facilities. The program is specifically designed for those residents with diabetes or other medical conditions, such as cancer or allergies, requiring medication by injection.
Within Rockland County there are numerous drop off points - monthly the location changes pursuant to an established schedule:
Participating facilities include:
- Friedwald Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital/Bon-Secours Charity Health System
- Helen Hayes Hospital
- Pine Valley Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Northern Manor Multicare Center, Inc.
- Northern Metropolitan, Inc.
- Northern Riverview Health Care Center, Inc.
- Nyack Hospital
- Nyack Manor Nursing Home
- Ramapo Manor Nursing Home
- Dr. Robert Yeager Health Center
- Tolstoy Foundation Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Co., Inc.
The liaison for the County of Rockland for this community service program is Mr. Joseph Puchalik. Should you have any questions, Mr. Puchalik may be reached at 845-364-2615.